Degritting is a chemical engineering process wherein fine solid particles, known as grit, are removed from a liquid carrier by centrifugation or gravity separation (also known as settling).
The basic configuration of a degritting system consists of the following components:
- Conical pista type grit collection hopper
- Grit removal systems that consists of the following configurations to effectively remove grit:
- An air lifting system to Classifier
- Submersible pump which delivers the grit mixture to Classifier
- Self-priming pump which delivers the grit mixture to the Classifier
It is imperative that extreme care is taken in the pumping systems due to the excessive wear of the grit on the pump impellers and castings
Shosalowe offers a wide range of custom designed equipment to suit any application as needed by the customer.
For more information regarding suspension of grit by paddles, and various methods to minimize the effect of wear on rotating equipment, Contact Us TODAY